Sunday, February 14, 2016

Love is an Open Door

It appears as if having Thursdays and Fridays off will be the new normal for me. If anyone recalls, these were also my regular days off on my last program. Fine by me!

This Thursday, by some strange set of circumstances, Laura had the day off as well! It was also the last day this season when the cast member merchandise discount could be used (that's 40% off, yo), so we had some perusing and shopping to do. We managed to hit up an astounding three parks that day. We started at Hollywood Studios, where Laura got to go on a parking tram for the first time (buses will drop you off at the front).

Parking tram selfies are the best!
We had matching Star Wars-themed name badges made and instinctively put them where our real life name badges go. I also got a hoodie I had been eyeing, which actually worked out perfectly because I was wearing the wrong layers for the kind of sunny day it turned out to be. When we stopped for lunch, I was able to track down my magical friend Anna, who makes magic somewhere on the premises of Hollywood Studios now, who was conveniently on her lunch break.

Heeeeeeey Anna from Montana. 
When Anna had to leave us (darn you, working), we debated an attraction of two but honestly, there's not a lot a lot left at Hollywood Studios and the lines were getting longer by the minute (luckily there's an app for that. Actually. It's called My Disney Experience and I use it to check wait times). So we drove over to Epcot, since we sell merchandise in the Canada pavilion I legitimately needed to buy. We also went to Mouse Gear, the giant shop of the park, but mostly stayed under control. I think I bought tea. We had a peaceful ride on Living with the Land and met our favourite healthcare robot, Baymax (absolutely no name badges or trading pins allowed around Baymax).

Just like hugging a warm marshmallow.
Totally legit Spaceship Earth selfie with our fave scientist.

We were able to go on a whirl of Spaceship Earth before bussing to the TTC and taking a monorail to Magic Kingdom (two of three monorails were mysteriously not operating for most of the day). We had a plan for Magic Kingdom but the crowds didn't allow for a quick jaunt through Haunted Mansion, so we got out merch and my Dole Whip, and headed back to Vista.

The next day I had intended to do more park-running-around, aka blog fodder, but after a rather large and carb-filled Perkins breakfast, my slightly ill body decided it was nap time. For two hours. Luckily I had social plans in the evening to talk about. Nicole, Justine and I, 3/4 of our arrival group squad, went out for Chinese food at a place called Ming Court. It had a giant dragon in it and the food was yummy. Also the three of us accidentally all wore Star Wars shirts. It happens. Mine was courtesy of the now gone holiday discount.

Not an awesome selfie with Justine and a dragon.

We met our missing piece Sarah at Disney Springs for a very sold out showing of Deadpool and ummmmmm it was awesome. 4/4 squad girls recommend. We also met a California Cast Member in line who's job it is to watch multiple channels several hours before they air... are they hiring?

Sunday, Valentine's Day, the same squad went for Galentine's breakfast/lunch/brunch (there was traffic so brunch became lunch but it was pancakes so it was breakfast?) before those lucky three got to go to Animal Kingdom for a day of fun but I had to go to work for, let's face it, a day of fun. The park was busy busy and full of the nicest people, but alas no proposals for me.  No more pictures in costume... yet. If you're cast and you see me at work for the love of my blog take some pictures for me. Thanks in advance, friends.

Squad and sunglasses on point. 


See you real soon!

Lindsey

Magic Moment: Attractions Cast Member Katrina sang "Love is an Open Door" with me on Valentine's Day during the television premiere of Frozen and it was so so magical.

Pixie Dust to: The merch cast of Canada. You're all so nice and adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment