Thursday, February 18, 2016

Keep Believing, Keep Pretending


Not much excitement this week, but better than the 50cm of snow I heard fell on my hometown and surrounding area. I hope everyone is safe and I am glad to not be there.

Tuesday is still Extra Magic Hours in the evening at Epcot, meaning the park is open for an additional two hours (at least parts are still open). Sarah and I, being so very new, are doomed to work EMH until our pavilions each get a few new people (I only need two more to arrive). That being said, neither of us was due to start work until 1645, meaning we theoretically had enough time for an entire park day before even having to go to work. We had a good sleep in before reaching Magic Kingdom parking, where even the trams make people happy.

Happy and magical on the MK tram.

However, we were told at the entrance that, because our Maingate passes hadn't arrived yet, and it had been over two weeks since our arrival, we were refused admission to Magic Kingdom. This is pretty devastating news to people like Sarah and I, who could and would gladly do a fifteen-hour stint at MK and still have energy left. We regrouped and went to the Polynesian Resort to call Cast Ticketing, who basically said our passes should have arrived by now, and that they could either resend them (3-4 weeks) or we could make the trip to Celebration.

Sad and tragic on the monorail. 

Sarah actually has an Annual Pass, so she could have gone without me (and been totally lame) but she didn't, so she'll be waiting. I am not so patient and have a car at my disposal. Ultimately, we were able to turn a loss into a win - we went to Steak & Shake for a) Sarah's first time and b) milkshake Happy Hour (half-price from 2-5pm and 2-5am).

My Saturday, but real life Thursday, started out on an early but good note. The merchies of Canada, plus Lindsay Wilson, had a product knowledge session on the pride of the store, Crown Royal. We tried five different whiskeys, including one we don't sell, and discussed the differences and histories of each and then tried to figure out exactly what "maple toasted oak" was. No actual drinking, except possibly by those who weren't working or driving (there was a fair amount of spitting...). Afterwards, a small group of us, while killing time between Crown Royal and lunch, got Cronuts at the Refreshment Port near Canada. I probably should have had one a long time ago, since I keep promoting them, but they stood up to my high expectations. Flaky, round, sugary, deep-fried goodness.

Nice new hoodie and purse, Lindsey. 

Then we found time for a quick ride on Test Track (my vehicle did not win Test Track), before lunch at Nine Dragons (in the China Pavilion). I had to take some home. Cronuts are filling and Test Track doesn't make me sick.

Team Canada Merch on Test Track

I had to take off after lunch though. My Maingate passes (the super duper special cards that allow myself and my non-CM posse in to the parks) never arrived, so I drove to Celebration to get them. I didn't have to do this last time, but really it was only a five minute drive to a series of crazy-looking buildings full of professional-looking Cast, including security and a slew of signs pointing me in the right direction. I was in and out in ten minutes, Maingates in hand. Visitors, come at me.

See you real soon!

Lindsey

Magical Moment: There was a couple who came by during EMH this week, who were on their honeymoon (Disney moon... it's a thing). We were talking skirts and princesses and how great twirling in circular skirts is, you know, all true facts. When they went to leave, they handed me a card that said "Thanks for your extra pixie dust! You have made our honeymoon magical!". So that was nice.

Pixie Dust to: KIM I HAVE A PACKAGE FROM YOU. I really need to open it but am using it as a reward for finishing this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment