Sunday, June 19, 2016

We're Soarin', Flyin', There's not a Star in Heaven that We Can't Reach

Greetings, friends!

Preface: I am ok and everyone I know is ok. All of Orlando's tragedies ought to be done for the time being. Thank you for your concern.

Yesterday, Canada celebrated Micayla's birthday the Disney Springs way - Earl of Sandwich and a new Disney/Pixar movie. Maybe you've heard of this one long awaited sequel called Finding Dory? It's wonderful. 12/12 crying adults recommend it. We also dominated the photo op after the show. Happy birthday, Micayla. I hope you weren't terribly embarrassed.

I found Nemo (Katrina) and Dory (Laura)!
My appropriate shirt says "Just Keep Swimming."

Yesterday after work, I was lucky enough to be added to Laura's FastPass for the brand new and fully reimagined Soarin' around the World. It used to be just Soarin' (over California), and after a brief reopening of the classic show, it's now brand new and shiny. And actually beautiful. My party was thrilled. Also thrilled by the FastPasses presented to us by a Soarin' cast member. Thanks, friend!

New attraction? New friends. 

On Friday, I somehow got up before dawn (remember when that was what I normally did?) to get myself and a handful of other fortunate merchandise cast members to Animal Kingdom, as we had been selected for a backstage tour of Dinosaur! We were actually given a full rundown of Dinoland USA, a formerly very confusing area, as well as a walking tour of the Dinosaur attraction. We were allowed to ride the ride with the lights on, as well as three bonus times with the lights off. Honestly, I probably couldn't have done more than four consecutive time rover rides anyway.

One of very few reasons to be an early riser.
Aladar the iguanadon photobomb. 
We are the Dinosaur princesses.

After a solid nap and some leftover Oliver Garden lunch, Rachel and I had an adventure to The Loop, wherein we visited our favourite place, Ulta, as well as had frozen yogurt lunch and did some necessary summer shopping. It's unreasonably hot already.

Thursday (my Saturday), Laura and I had some errands to run... at Magic Kingdom, which was celebrating the grand opening of the newest Disney resort in Shanghai. I had my hair cut at Harmony Barbershop. I'm sure I said this four years ago, but it's not just for little kids. I was beside a grown man who was having his hair did. However, he did not opt for the high ponytail, pixie dust and pirate treasure that made me extra magical until an inevitable shampoo. We booked a tour for next month (after Laura's last day), then took off for a lunch reso at Sanaa at Kidani Village. Bread service is my new beau. So is anywhere that offers me 40% off of steak. We watched giraffes from our table... and we watched them get briefly rained on. Sorry, giraffes.

This may be my most magical hair picture ever.
It's not even a selfie. 
Excellent lighting at Sanaa from savannah windows.
My dessert came with a side of wise words.

In the evening, Rachel and I rejoiced in painting our nails for the first time since the installation of the wine bar in our store. It has since departed, so we are Disney look manicuring.... followed by the happiest carbloading at Olive Garden. I shouldn't mention it but this week Rachel and I have also visited Steak 'n Shake and IHOP. It's fine.

I visited Magic Kingdom with a different Rachael (from the UK) on Sunday, as it is the most magical place on Earth, and the rest of the Earth was a bit scary that day. We had the most amazing Jungle Cruise Skipper, and we had a different skipper photobomb a selfie that evening. One of our roles as cast members is to help people forget temporarily what exists outside the Disney bubble, so thank you to the CMs who helped us do that Sunday evening.

I know it's a short one, but this is what happens when I stay on the ball.

See you real soon!

Magical Moment: I believe I mentioned the Soarin' FastPasses and the Skipper photobomb.

Pixie Dust to: Our Dinosaur tour guide, Christopher, who actually visits the Canada cart frequently, and our leader, Mike, for giving us a reason to get up before 10am. I don't get out of bed for less than backstage tours.


No comments:

Post a Comment