Thursday, March 24, 2016

I Got Friends on the Other Side

Good news everyone!
Nicole and I have moved from Vista Way to Chatham Square. We'll be staying here for the foreseeable future and all is well. Do let me know if you'd like my address. I know I owe mail to many people, and you shall indeed receive some.

Let's catch up!

On Tuesday March 15th, I went to my second viewing of Zootopia during the day (have you seen this movie yet?!) and went for groceries at Publix which is the newly rediscovered love of my grocery-shopping life. I had switched for the day off so I could attend an event at Hollywood Studios in the evening with Micayla, Kristin and Becky. It's an extra ticketed (ie paid) event called Club Villain. We did get a discount (as we should).
It was an evening of celebrating the bad guys hosted by Dr. Facilier from The Princess and the Frog, featuring a DJ (who was clearly a fan of Canadian music) and a super talented cohost named Kanzo. There was so much food (the Disney World website calls it "New Orleans-inspired") and desserts and AND two open bars. The desserts and drinks were themed around the four villains with who Guests were invited to mingle and meet - the Evil Queen, Maleficent, Cruella De Vil and the Queen of Hearts. Also we were handed champagne as we were waiting to enter so it's a good bet that the Fiesta was safe and sound in housing. We were given scheduled times to meet each villain, and we got time to take pictures in their empty thrones/backdrops. It was an amazing time and I recommend it to anyone whose jam is Disney Villains, since they're notoriously hard to track down.

Maleficent didn't catch ME in her throne.
Cruella's hangout had puppies everywhere! 
A magic mirror, a throne and fans? The Evil Queen has it all. 

On March 16th, a few of the merchies and I celebrated Kathleen's birthday with buffet breakfast at Trail's End at Fort Wilderness. I'll be perfectly honest. I was still so full from the night before that I did not to justice to that buffet. I did get a little hangry in line though when some dude broke the line and stole all the Eggs Benedict. Don't stand between breakfast and I. Just don't. Two of us had to work thereafter but it was a wonderful and magical start to my Wednesday.

We're happy as long as we're fed.

On March 17th, Laura and I finished our tour of World Showcase and the Flower & Garden Festival which we had started earlier this month. We had a few more snacks (basically I didn't starve at all this week) and we saw a few more topiaries and we finished our super special Duffy bears! Laura had to work but we had finished what we started so it was still an excellent day. Oh and it was St Patrick's Day! hahah so much green everywhere.

Only one of us isn't appropriately in green. 
The Jungle Book sand sculpture is AMAZING. 
One princess, seven dwarfs, one tough photo. 
No spaghetti for the topiaries?

On March 19th, after work I joined Micayla and Kristin for another round of late night Magic Kingdom. I got a lot more respect than normal due to my awesome Captain America hoodie. Magical. In less than two hours, the three of us did Under the Sea, Barnstormer, Dumbo, the People Mover and Carousel of Progress. I also ran into former Canada coordinator now MK leader Dave in the Emporium on our way out. Talk about efficiency.

There's a great big beautiful Tomorrow(land).

Thursday was also the day I found out there were spots for Nicole and I in Chatham Square. We moved out of a first floor apartment into a first floor apartment with only one pit stop in between - one night in a temporary/emergency/fore & flood unit in Chatham. It was huge and hella gorgeous and ours for one night only. We are safe and sound and healthy and happy. As I hope you all are.

See you real soon!

Lindsey

Magical Moment: I gave a Han Solo pin to a one half of a newly married couple, congratulating her on no longer being solo. Being both delighted and intoxicated, she just thought I was the bee's knees.

Pixie Dust to: Anyone and everyone who listened to me rant and rave and whine about housing. I may have some control issues. I just like to be in control.

2 comments:

  1. So happy that your move came to fruition! And I'm tres jealous about your Villainous evening - the Villains are definitely my jam! Sounds like it was a super evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. you look too cute and magical on that throne - not villainous at all!

    ReplyDelete